"fill in the blank" year in review...idea stolen from hannahbeth
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? i organized an art show.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? each year, as a family, we write down our predictions/resolutions. so i suspect this year will be no different. my resolutions for this year were to lose 10 pounds and get fit by my birthday, which i almost accomplished by the deadline. i also wanted to be in 5 "big" art shows this year--i did two shows and organized a third, which took an inordinate amount of time, so i think i'm off the hook for that one. i also wanted to carve out more time to make art and i accomplished that BIG TIME!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my friend, hope, gave birth to mackenzie in may.
4. Did anyone close to you die? thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit? at the risk of sounded trite, and straight out of "miracle on 34th street," i visited the "imagi-nation!"
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? patience...but i think i'll be wishing for that for the rest of my life.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
february 14-returned to work after an eight-week, medical leave
march 9-my baby boy turned 15 and got his learner's permit
july 9-bought the most awesome pink vw
september 14-turned 40
september 17-partied with my family and friends
december 3-the saturday monday sale
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? losing 20 pounds and organizing the saturday monday sale
9. What was your biggest failure? wasting time worrying
10. Did you suffer illness or injury in 2005? no, thank goodness.
11. What was the best thing you bought? a 10'x10' tent for outdoor shows
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? kelly's behavior is always a cause for celebration as is nathaniel's...i am truly blessed to have such wonderful men in my life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? as it has for all the years in office, president george w. bush's.
14. Where did most of your money go? art supplies
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? my big birthday and my first complete year cancer-free.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? "i will fix you" by coldplay
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a)happier or sadder? b)thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a)happier b)thinner c)about the same, but richer in spirit
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? relaxed
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? worried
20. How will you be spending Christmas? at my aunt and uncle's with my mom's family
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? every day i fall in love all over again with kelly
22. How many one-night stands? none, but some of my love encounters were as thrilling as a one night stand.
23. What was your favorite TV program? gilmore girls
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? my list is at home...i'll have to check and get back with you
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? the ditty bops
27. What did you want and get? a pink car and continued good health
28. What did you want and not get? a digital camera (but there's still time)
29. What was your favorite film of this year? mad hot ballroom
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i went to my son's soccer game, witnessed his first varsity goal and turned 40 years old.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? not one single thing
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? funky fabulous comfort
33. What kept you sane? kelly--he's my rock.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? johnny depp (neverland, anyone?)
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the debacle in the wake of katrina
36. Whom did you miss? my grandpa
37. Who was the best new person you met? do i have to limit it to one? amanda, jennifer and marla are my top three
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. worry doesn't rid today of its troubles, it robs tomorrow of its joy.