Friday, August 26, 2005

no fruit? no kiddin'...

in exactly three weeks i have an event that i must look fabulous for. since my surgery in december, the docs had warned me off exercise for fear of injuring my incision site. as of last friday, i have been given the okay to work out again (nothing too strenuous and only the lightest ab work...sigh). so i need to get fitter by the 17th of september and look drop dead gorgeous in a sleeveless shift.

anybody out there on the south beach? i've been thinking of going on phase 1 to drop a quick ten pounds. of course, aided by daily cardiovascular exercise and a bit of light weight work. i know two folks that are on the south beach diet and have had great results.

when i think of all the white sugar and empty carbs i consume each day, i wonder what could fill that void...coffeemate and sugar in the coffee--gone, blueberry yogurt with granola--gone, pb & j sandwich--gone, sweet potato chips--gone, applesauce--gone. the only item on my daily menu that would stay would be my raw almonds.

as i re-read the list above, i realize my daily intake reads like a daycare menu...

two years ago i lost 70 pounds through diet and exercise. i worked out strenuously for over an hour every day. i've only gained back 15 pounds of that weight and i think most of that is due to the surgery and the enforced sedentary lifestyle (could also be attributable to the candy coffee i gulp down by the gallon!). but the exercise option is not available to me now. yoga was wonderful and made me feel lean and long and lithe. is walking two miles in the evenings going to help me get down to my fighting weight? that's why i'm contemplating going on south beach. just looking for some folks who might have some insight into the program...how doable it is and will i really see results in three weeks? that is to say, will my shift dress not hit any rough patches as it heads down my body to the hemline?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend, you do not need to lose any weight. You are drop dead gorgeous right now. I would like to see you in the shift not some bones.

Don't know if I got my point across. I will gladly add more if necessary.

Anonymous said...

...and when Nancy is done, I'll be happy to step right in! You know how we are...

P. S. I have a real outfit from 1965 and I would have to wear it on my left leg. You can borrow it!

Anonymous said...

One more thing, m'dear...a dress that doesn't hit any rough patches as it heads down to the hemline is on a hanger!

You know that this is all in good humor, don't you???

MB Shaw said...

Ok, Princess Bitch checking in here.....I have done South Beach and swear by it. Whenever I jump up a few pounds I go back on phase 1 and it works every single time. Of couse you are gorgeous already, but if you want to do this, SB works!!!

Anonymous said...

Not that you really need it, but we saw our optometrist yesterday and she looks fabulous, darling. She was on SBD.